A classic french dessert!
Author: Laura Bonicelli
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ Cup Superfine Sugar
- 1 Orange
- ¼ Pound Unsalted Butter (chilled and cut in pieces)
- ⅓ Cup Strained Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoon Orange Liqueur
- 8 Crepes (7 to 8 inches in diameter)
- 1 Tablespoon Superfine Sugar
- 1¼ cups Fresh Berries (I love raspberries with this)
- ¼ Cup Orange Liqueur
- ¼ Cup Cognac
- Instructions: Use a vegetable peeler to peel the orange part only of the orange. Juice the orange.
- In a food processor, process sugar and rind until well blended. Add butter and process
- until smooth and light. Slowly add in the orange juice while still processing and then the
- orange liqueur. Place in bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Make Crepes (separate recipe).
- Heat butter in a pan or chafing dish until bubbling and it begins to form a syrup. Fold
- crepes in quarters (lacey side out) and place one by one in pan. Spoon syrup over each
- one. Move towards edge of pan and repeat with other crepes. Add in berries.
- Sprinkle crepes with sugar and pour orange liqueur and cognac over them. Light with
- flame. Turn off the flame under the pan and allow flames to go out on their own. Serve
- with orange peel garnish